Return to the portfolio section of the website.
Maschke Associates homes in on the residential housing needs of older adults with the introduction of Broadway Street Senior Duplexes.
Working with the Department of Community and Economic Development, Maschke Associates transformed an overgrown, overlooked and underused irregular shaped plot into a neighborhood development designed specifically to accommodate older adults. The multi-phase project incorporated duplexes which feature flexible single level plans with carefully sized daylight filled rooms, easy room to room flow, wide doors, varying ceiling heights, energy efficiency, fire, smoke and security systems, fall alarm systems and easy access parking tailored for seniors.
Facts & Figures:
- New Low/Moderate Income Senior Housing
- Phase 1: 10 Units in 5 Duplexes
- 1-Bedroom Duplex Units: 1,868 Gross Square Feet
- 2-Bedroom Duplex Units: 2,190 Gross Square Feet
- Construction Cost: $ 1,091,871
- Infrastructure, Site Improvements and Landscaping: $455,978